Aaron Gilbert is the acting Managing Principal of The Gilbert Group. Mr. Gilbert oversees the day-to-day operations which includes an annual budget of over 12 million dollars. In Mr. Gilbert’s time with The Gilbert Group, he has added over 8 million square feet of third party management and leasing contracts. Mr. Gilbert has also been involved in over 350 transactions totaling over $150 million. Under his oversight, The Gilbert Group is a proud nine time recipient of the Consumer Choice Award for business excellence in the category of property management.
The Gilbert Group was also a 2010-2017 CoStar Power Broker recipient for being a “Top Leasing Firm” in Columbus, Ohio. Individually, Mr. Gilbert was recognized by CoStar as a “Top Retail Leasing Broker” in Columbus, Ohio for 2010-2016. He was also named to Business First’s Forty Under 40 class of 2010. This award recognizes members of the business community under the age of 40 who show professional drive and community involvement.
Mr. Gilbert also has an ownership position in multiple office and retail assets in the Columbus MSA.
Prior to joining The Gilbert Group and The Gilbert Investment Company, Mr. Gilbert worked in New York City in the Real Estate Advisory Services practice of Ernst & Young.
Education, Licensures and Awards:
- New York University, Master of Science, Real Estate Development & Investment | 2000
- University of Massachusetts, Bachelor of Science, Sports Business Administration | 1998
- Licensed Ohio Real Estate Salesperson | Member of NAR, OAR, CBR
- Member International Council of Shopping Centers
- Forty Under 40 | 2010
- CoStar Power Broker | 2010-2016
- Consumer Choice Award | Property Management| 2006-2014
- Board of Trustees | Treasurer | Morse Road Special Improvement District
- Board of Trustees | Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio